2020 Ford F-150 Towing Capacity
What is the Towing Capacity of a 2020 Ford F-150?
If you’ve been scouring San Antonio in search of your perfect new pickup truck, you can’t go wrong with a new Ford F-150! Whether you’re in need of a new worksite companion or something to power your weekend adventures, the 2020 F-150 has a never-ending supply of muscle and grit to get the job done. What is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150? Properly equipped, the 2020 F-150 towing capacity has no problem reaching an impressive 13,200 pounds! Learn more about this classic pickup’s towing specs with the team at Northside Ford, below.
2020 F-150 Towing Capacity by Engine
When you’re configuring your ideal F-150 in New Braunfels, there are six available engines to choose from, starting with the base 3.3L Ti-VCT V6. See how your engine choice will affect the F-150 towing capacity in the breakdown below:
3.3L Ti-VCT V6
- 290 hp / 265 lb-ft of torque
- 7,700-pound maximum towing capacity
2.7L EcoBoost® V6
- 325 hp / 400 lb-ft of torque
- 8,500-pound maximum towing capacity
5.0L Ti-VCT V8
- 395 hp / 400 lb-ft of torque
- 11,600-pound maximum towing capacity
3.0L Power Stroke® Diesel Engine
- 250 hp / 440 lb-ft of torque
- 11,500-pound maximum towing capacity
High-Output 3.5L EcoBoost® V6
- 450 hp / 510 lb-ft of torque
- 11,100-pound maximum towing capacity
3.5L EcoBoost® V6
- 375 hp / 470 lb-ft of torque
- 13,200-pound maximum towing capacity
Explore 2020 F-150 Towing Features
The F-150 has the grit required to take care of the heavy lifting when you’re towing through Converse, but there are plenty of standard towing features to help you out when you’re behind the wheel, too! Take a closer look at how the F-150 inspires confidence with these advanced technologies:
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™: Synchronizes your truck and trailer when you’re reversing.
- Dynamic Hitch Assist With Line-of-Sight Guidance: Get the hitch to the trailer receiver on the first try, every time!
- Factory-Installed Trailer Brake Controller: Rest assured you’ll always be in control when you hit the brakes with a trailer in tow, making stop-and-go traffic easier to navigate.
- 8-Inch Productivity Screen: As you drive through San Antonio, the in-vehicle productivity screen provides up-to-date information on your truck and trailer so you never have to worry whether everything is operating smoothly.
- BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) With Trailer Coverage: When you’re merging or changing lanes while towing, BLIS® provides extra assurance that your blind spots are all clear.
Towing Tips Before You Head Out
Before you head out to haul job equipment from New Braunfels to Converse, run through these quick towing tips:
- Double-check that your truck and trailer’s tires are all properly inflated
- Ensure the items you’re towing are fully secured
- Remember to leave extra distance between you and the vehicle ahead of you, as you’ll need more time to stop with a trailer attached
- Be extra aware of your surroundings when merging on the highway or changing lanes (remember to use BLIS® to your advantage!)
Your New F-150 is at Northside Ford!
Ready to take on the power of the 2020 Ford F-150 towing capacity? Don’t wait to get behind the wheel – contact the team at Northside Ford to arrange a test drive today! See how you feel behind the wheel of this road warrior, then get in touch with our finance professionals to ask about lease and loan options. You can get pre-approved when you apply online, but don’t forget to take a moment to check out our new vehicle specials, too!