2021 Ford Escape Cargo Space
The 2021 Ford Escape is a great fit for families of all sizes in New Braunfels! Whether you need spacious seating or a cavernous cargo area, the new Escape at Northside Ford has you covered. Get the full story on the 2021 Ford Escape dimensions in our guide below, including details on the Ford Escape cargo space and the numerous smart storage solutions that await you inside!
Interior Ford Escape Dimensions
The Ford Escape accommodates up to five passengers across two rows, putting it in the small SUV segment where it outshines competitors like the Chevy Equinox.Even when you’re at capacity on trips to Boerne, everyone will have room to stretch thanks to the generous interior Ford Escape dimensions:
- Front/rear headroom: 40 inches/39.3 inches
- Front/rear legroom (gas model): 42.4 inches/40.7 inches
- Rear legroom (hybrid/plug-in model): 38.9 inches
- Front/rear shoulder room: 57.6 inches/56 inches
- Front/rear hip room: 55.2 inches/53.3 inches
Ford Escape Cargo Space
From day trips to Converse to cross-country road trips, the Ford Escape cargo space makes room for all your necessities. Leave the rear seats upright to accommodate passengers and cargo with ease, or take advantage of the 60/40 split-fold-down function when traveling solo.
It’s important to note that the Ford Escape cargo space varies slightly between gas-powered models, FHEV (hybrid electric), and PHEV (plug-in hybrid electric) models. We’ve laid out all the cargo specs you need, below:
- Behind 1st row: 65.4 cubic feet
- Behind 1st row (FHEV/PHEV): 60.8 cubic feet
- Behind 2nd row: 37.5 cubic feet maximum
- Behind 2nd row (FHEV/PHEV): 34.4 cubic feet maximum
Optimize Your Ford Escape Cargo Space
Want to make the most of your Ford Escape cargo space? In addition to the standard features you’d expect in any SUV––glovebox, center floor console, sunglasses storage––there are several available features that can help optimize your cargo area:
- Sliding 2nd-row seats create a larger cargo area
- Center console with media bin added
- Easy access cargo shade
- Cargo mat
Exterior Ford Escape Dimensions
As a small SUV, the Ford Escape handles with nimble agility in San Antonio! Thanks to its minimal footprint, you can grab tight parking spaces and handle corners with ease. Check out the exterior Ford Escape dimensions to learn more:
- Wheelbase: 106.7 inches
- Length (FWD/AWD): 180.5 inches/181.3 inches
- Standard height: 66.1 inches
- Width (including side mirrors): 85.6 inches
- Front/Rear track: 62.4 inches/61.8 inches
Test Drive a Ford Escape in San Antonio!
We understand if you need to step inside the Escape to truly know whether the seating and cargo space will suit your needs! Contact us at your convenience to arrange a test drive after reviewing our ongoing new Ford specials.