What is the Towing Capacity of a 2021 Ford F-150?
Considering the 2021 Ford F-150 for sale at Northside Ford as your next pickup truck in San Antonio? You’re in great company! This powerhouse comes with 6 high-performing engine options to help you tackle job sites and off-road adventures with ease, but what is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150? Properly equipped, the 2021 F-150 towing capacity reaches an awe-inspiring14,000 pounds! Learn more about the various F-150 engines and their respective towing capabilities, below!
Review the 2021 F-150 Towing Capacity Per Engine
Whether you prefer a gas or diesel engine, the F-150 can deliver unparalleled output. There’s even a brand new hybrid powertrain for the 2021 model year! What is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150 based on your engine choice? Find out, right here:
3.3L Ti-VCT V6
- 290 hp / 265 lb-ft of torque
- 8,200-pound maximum towing capacity
2.7L EcoBoost® V6
- 325 hp / 400 lb-ft of torque
- 10,000-pound maximum towing capacity
5.0L Ti-VCT V8
- 400 hp / 410 lb-ft of torque
- 13,000-pound maximum towing capacity
3.0L Power Stroke® V6 Diesel Engine
- 250 hp / 440 lb-ft of torque
- 12,100-pound maximum towing capacity
3.5L EcoBoost® V6
- 400 hp / 500 lb-ft of torque
- 14,000-pound maximum towing capacity
3.5L PowerBoost™ Full Hybrid V6
- 430 hp / 570 lb-ft of torque
- 12,700-pound maximum towing capacity
Towing Assistance in the F-150
Your F-150’s engine will take care of the heavy lifting when you’re towing through New Braunfels, but it doesn’t act alone! There’s an abundance of towing assistance features in the F-150, including some designed to make it easier to navigate Boerne roads with a trailer in tow:
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™: Provides a synchronized view of your truck and trailer when you’re in reverse.
- Dynamic Hitch Assist With Line-of-Sight Guidance: This feature ensures you never have to struggle to get your trailer hitched up – line it up perfectly the first time, every time!
- Factory-Installed Trailer Brake Controller: Your braking power will remain strong even with a trailer attached to your truck, so you can approach traffic lights and intersections with confidence.
- 8-Inch Productivity Screen: View important trip information as you make your way through San Antonio.
- BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) With Trailer Coverage: Switching to a new lane or merging on the highway can make even the most experienced drivers a little apprehensive when towing, but BLIS® can give you the added confidence that you’re all clear to make your next move.
Ready to hit the road? Before you take off, review this quick towing checklist to triple-check that everything is in order:
- Confirm that your truck tires and trailer tires have proper inflation.
- Confirm that any items in your truck bed and trailer are 100% secured and tied down.
- Be cognizant of your following distance on the road – when you’re towing, you need extra time to stop.
- Always be fully aware of your blind spots and the vehicle behind you when towing. Remember, BLIS® can be a huge help!
Upgrade Your Towing Power at Northside Ford
Ready to upgrade your capabilities on Boerne job sites with the incomparable F-150 towing capacity? Get behind the wheel at Northside Ford today! Contact us to set up an appointment ahead of time, then look for the F-150 in our rotating vehicle specials to secure a fantastic deal on your new truck. While you’re here, we can show you the F-150 trim levels to help you find the right one for your needs!