Northside Ford Car Loan Payment Calculator
Have your eyes on that new Ford F-150 or pre-owned car? Before you dive headfirst into an auto loan, it’s best to crunch the numbers and see if your budget actually allows you to finance a new car. Otherwise, you might be left paddleless up the creek with a hefty car loan debt to pay off.
Luckily, you don’t have to be a mathematician to see if you can afford to buy a new Ford or used vehicle. To get started, use our free auto finance calculator to receive an estimate of your monthly car loan payments based on vehicle price, loan interest rate, term length, and your down payment amount. Where else does 30 seconds of your time translate to thousands of dollars in potential savings? Only at Northside Ford.
Call our San Antonio Ford loan specialists at (210) 525-9800 for more details or to schedule an appointment to discuss auto financing options.
Answers to Common Car Loan Questions
Is it better to get a car loan through a dealership or bank?
Both options are valid, though there are several perks to securing car loans through your dealer:
- Negotiating power – When you finance a car through the dealership, you have more control over the negotiations. That dealer knows your limit and will gladly make deals if both parties walk away with a good deal.
- Opportune timing – If your dealer is trying to clear out outgoing models, you can get a great financing rate on those vehicles. (Look out for our San Antonio 0% APR financing deals on new Ford models!)
- Simple process – You can acquire a car loan during the same showroom visit at a dealership. One fewer trip to the bank is just what the doctor ordered.
If you’re ever in doubt about financing a new car at our dealership, let us know! We’d be glad to go over the numerous lease vs. buy possibilities we offer.
What is a “bad credit loan”?
Auto financing is available to most car shoppers, including those with bad credit. FICO scores below 600 are typically deemed as “bad credit,” though this varies by dealership, lender, and financial institution. At Northside Ford, we proudly offer bad credit auto loans to customers who need it. Just apply for Ford financing online.
How do I get the best rate on a car loan?
Securing a good auto loan rate takes patience and a good credit history, but there are actions you can take to lower your APR:
- Shop around – Although we want you to ultimately do business at Northside Ford, we also believe that getting the best car loan means pitting dealers against each other.
- Beef up your credit – Speak with a financial advisor for a plan of action to pay off old debts and improve your credit score.
- Don’t skip the fine print – Your auto financing contract will stipulate limits and restrictions that may put your unbelievable car loan rate under the spotlight. Look out for variable interest rates, prepayment penalties, binding arbitration language, and any missing promises made verbally by the salesperson.
Can I trade in an old car and use the cash as a down payment?
Absolutely! In fact, most dealerships love accepting trade-in vehicles as down payments for new car loans. For instance, our San Antonio used car lot happily accepts trade-in vehicles and offers top dollar when customers exchange the vehicle for a new Ford or used car. Use our trade-in estimate tool to get an accurate market value for your vehicle.
If you have any other questions about getting a car loan in San Antonio, contact Northside Ford today!