Car Steering & Suspension Repair in San Antonio
Your car is your home away from home. It not only keeps you safe on the road, but it also makes your travels as comfortable as possible—that is, unless you’ve got some funky steering or suspension problems going on. If so, getting those concerns addressed and corrected should be a top priority.
If you have noticed your car acting strangely over bumps or straightaways, it’s time to raise your hand and ask for help from the professionals at our San Antonio Ford service center. No matter your vehicle’s make or model, our technicians are qualified to identify any and all suspension, steering, and alignment problems, and fix them on the spot. Call or schedule an appointment online for car suspension repair work today, and start driving safer.
Ford Steering Service & Warning Signs
There are many reasons why your steering is just a bit off.
- Grinding or screeching noises when making turns – This is likely a sign that your steering pump and/or belt is worn down and in need of replacement.
- Burnt oil smell – A damaged steering gearbox can cause this.
- Rigid steering wheel – This could be caused by low power steering fluid, a leaking rack, or a failing pump.
- Pulling to one side of the road – Worn or broken struts can do this, although it’s most likely caused by old ball joints or poor wheel alignment (our Ford service department can fix that, too).
- Steering wheel moves positions when braking or accelerating – Wheel bolts can cause this, as can various tire or brake problems.
- Turning through puddles “locks” the steering wheel – Power steering failure is a likely cause, though low steering fluid, worn belts, or busted pulleys can also do this.
- Clunking sounds over bumps – Something is in need of replacement, such as your shocks, control arm bushings, tie rods, ball joints, springs, or pulley system.
Aside from failing brakes, your car’s inability to steer is an emergency! Don’t wait to fix these seemingly “minor” issues when a quick visit to Northside Ford or your local service center could keep you out of trouble. That’s what our ASE-certified mechanics are here for.
Car Suspension Repair & Inspection near New Braunfels
If you’ve ever driven in a car that’s built during this century, you’ll know what a good suspension feels like. So when your car starts bouncing around like it’s a roller coaster, it might be time to get your car suspension looked at. Loose struts, busted ball joints, or worn-down Ford shocks can do a number on the car’s undercarriage, let alone your backside. Our Northside Ford technicians will look at all of your suspension’s components to verify which is in need of repair and replacement, so you can go back to driving without holding onto the grab bar for dear life.
Schedule your auto suspension or steering inspection with us today. Contact the Northside Ford service department at 844-284-5493 to speak with an expert technician, and we’ll ensure your ride is safe and secure. And if your car is older than dirt, you might even find a great deal on a new Ford model at our San Antonio car dealership! In fact, we guarantee it.