Four Wheel Alignment Service in San Antonio, TX
It may not be one of the more well-known problems, but an improperly aligned car is no laughing matter. But how can you tell if your vehicle should make a visit to our local alignment shop? Here are a few telltale signs that your vehicle needs help.
Common Signs Indicating the Need for a Car Alignment
- Steering Issues – If you can’t get your steering wheel to stay centered down a straight road or stretch of highway, it’s probably time to head into the closest wheel alignment center near you. Even a few faulty degrees to the right or left can prove to be a nuisance, and if the car alignment is noticeably worse than that, you might be in danger on the road!
- Uneven Tire Tread Wear – Uneven tire tread is a classic symptom of poor or improper wheel alignment. Your tires deserve better! Whether you notice the abnormal tire wear yourself or receive the tread depth numbers after a dealership tire rotation, it’s always in your best interest to get an alignment inspection. Qualified technicians like those at our San Antonio service center will inspect your tires for abnormal wear patterns, then determine its cause, which can range from improper inflation to suspension issues to—you guessed it—badly aligned wheels.
- Loose Handling – A vehicle that handles poorly is another noticeable sign that necessitates a visit to a trusted alignment shop. If turning around tight corners feels unrefined, sloppy, or loose, get your alignment checked out right away.
- Vibrations – No, we’re not talking about the type of vibrations from the Beach Boys’ classic hit—we’re talking about the steering wheel vibrations that can leave your hands trembling even after you turn the car off. On even roads, if your steering wheel simply won’t stay still, you may have a tire alignment problem.
Benefits of Wheel Alignment
A full four-wheel alignment or front end alignment is hugely beneficial to any vehicle that suffers from the problems mentioned above.
- Tire Tread: Aligning your wheels regularly—some experts suggest a complete alignment after every other tire rotation—ensures that the tread on all four tires remains relatively even.
- Warranty: Some new tires come with lifetime warranties only if you properly maintain them. One requirement may even be to get an alignment check and service each year.
- Handling: Potholes can throw your car alignment out of whack, leading to more handling problems. Straighten those tires, and you may notice that even the bumpiest New Braunfels roads are no problem.
- Fuel Efficiency: Bad alignment can affect your MPG, even if only slightly. Uneven tire tread, crooked steering columns, and general inefficiencies will make you visit the pump more frequently.
Plus, when you bring your car into Northside Ford, you won’t ever have to worry about wheel alignment cost! On top of our affordable rates, we also have a variety of auto service and alignment coupons to keep your out-of-pocket costs minimal.
For a full alignment inspection in San Antonio, schedule service online or contact our Northside Ford auto repair center at (210) 525-9800. You’ll be driving straight as an arrow once our experts patch your vehicle up.