What is the 2020 Ford Edge Towing Capacity?
If you’re like a lot of our San Antonio customers, you work hard during the week and play hard on the weekends. That means you need a vehicle that can tow that ATV or small fishing boat around. Can the new 2020 Ford Edge towing capacity handle that? When properly equipped, the Ford Edge towing capacity maxes out at 3,500 pounds. Find out what it takes to reach this capacity with Northside Ford, below.
2020 Ford Edge Engine Options and Towing Capacities
There are two Ford Edge engine options for 2020. Both are powerful for their size, but if you’ve got regular towing to do around Converse, we recommend opting for the upgraded V6. Here are the specs you need to know:
Ford Edge Engine – 2.0L EcoBoost® I-4
- 245 hp
- 275 lb-ft of torque
- Ford Edge towing capacity: 1,500 pounds
Ford Edge Engine – 2.7L EcoBoost® V6
- 335 hp
- 380 lb-ft of torque
- Ford Edge towing capacity: 3,500 pounds (maximum)
Available Ford Edge Towing Features
It’s not just about engine size. Ford has made available several features that will help you tow safely on our New Braunfels roads. If you want to get the most out of the Ford Edge towing capacity, you’ll want to check out these awesome features.
- Intelligent All-Wheel Drive. This feature monitors the traction of each wheel and distributes power and torque between the front and rear wheels accordingly, ensuring both your SUV and your trailer always get proper traction.
- Class II Trailer Tow Package. This feature is necessary in order to hit the maximum Ford Edge towing capacity, when used with the all-wheel drive option.
- Trailer Sway Control. No one likes to look in the rear-view mirror to see their trailer swaying behind them. This feature monitors sway and reduces torque or even applies the brakes when needed to keep your trailer stable.
- Traction Control. This feature controls throttle to reduce wheelspin, which means you won’t have to worry as much about slipping or getting stuck.
- Hill Start Assist. Don’t worry about rolling backwards on that hill. This feature holds the brake when you move your foot from the brake to the gas.
Check Out the New Ford Edge at Northside Ford
Ready to get behind the wheel of a new Ford Edge in San Antonio? Contact us to set up a test drive today! Experience the power of both available Ford Edge engines, or upgrade straight to the V6 if you want to reach the maximum Ford Edge towing capacity. No matter the configuration you choose, we’ve got flexible finance solutions for you to explore. Apply online to get started today!
More From Northside Ford
2023 Ford Bronco Interior Dimensions & Features
With its roomy and versatile interior, the 2023 Ford Bronco is the ideal SUV for any New Braunfels driver who leads an active lifestyle. The Ford Bronco dimensions can accommodate up to four passengers in the 2-door models or five passengers in the 4-door models, and with the generous Ford Bronco cargo space, you’ll be…
What to Expect from the 2023 Ford Ranger Raptor
2023 Ford Ranger Shown The Ford Ranger is a rugged and fun-to-drive pickup truck that offers a winning combination of style and capability. Now with the addition of the all-new 2023 Ford Ranger Raptor, you’ll have the option of choosing a midsize truck that can deliver the off-road prowess needed to tackle the toughest trails…
2023 Ford Super Duty Redesign Preview
The hard-working trucks in the Ford Super Duty inventory at Northside Ford are built to tackle the most demanding challenges. And now with the 2023 Ford Super Duty redesign, New Braunfels -area drivers like you can take advantage of next-level capability and the latest most advanced technology available. The all-new 2023 Ford Super Duty lineup of trucks…
What Is the Towing Capacity of a Ford F-150?
It’s important to make sure that your vehicle is the right one for the job, but if you want to make sure that you’re not only getting the right vehicle for the job but getting the job done right, then you’re ready for the 2022 Ford F-150. The Ford F-150 has built a legendary name…
8 Remarkable 2022 Ford F-150 Trim Levels
New Braunfels drivers have a wealth of options when it comes to the new F-150. There are 8 impressive F-150 trims to choose from, each with their own set of features. If you’re having trouble deciding between the XLT and the Raptor, don’t worry. You’ll find the differences between the Ford F-150 trim levels explained below….
0 comment(s) so far on What is the 2020 Ford Edge Towing Capacity?