Introducing the 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
For decades, Ford has pushed the envelope with the Ford F-150, and now the automaker is taking innovation to a whole new level. Meet the 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning, the first-ever Ford electric truck. Discover what’s in store in this F-150 Lightning overview, and learn when you can expect to find the F-150 Lightning for sale near San Antonio at Northside Ford.
Ford F-150 Electric Truck: Price
Your first question about the 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning might be: “What is the Ford electric truck price?” Ultimately, what you pay for the F-150 Lightning depends on the equipment you have installed. Expect for the F-150 Lightning to cost from $39,975 MSRP for the entry-level model to $90,475 MSRP at the top of the lineup. Keep in mind that you will save money over time, as you won’t need to spend on gas and you will have less scheduled maintenance to keep up with—engine service and oil changes are completely eliminated!
Ford Electric Truck: Performance
The legendary performance capabilities that the Ford F-150 is known for remain intact with the new Ford electric truck. In fact, the Ford F-150 Lightning is as powerful as ever, and it requires no gas. Check out the following specs and features:
- EPA-estimated range of 230 miles with standard-range battery
- EPA-estimated range of 300 miles with extended-range battery
- 563 hp and 775 lb-ft of torque with extended-range battery
- Maximum available towing capacity of 10,000 pounds
- Maximum available payload capacity of 2,000 pounds
- Selectable drive modes, including Normal, Sport, Tow/Haul, and Off-Road
- 80-amp Ford Charge Station Pro for standard-range battery, which allows a peak charging power of 19.2 kW for a full charge overnight
- Two onboard motors and standard 4×4 system
- Independent rear suspension
- Intelligent Range, which calculates available range based on weather conditions, traffic, grade, payload, towing weights, and more
- Pro Trailer Hitch Assist and Pro Trailer Backup Assist
- Onboard Scales, which measure payload weight automatically
- Smart Hitch, which measures the tongue weight of a trailer to help distribute trailer weight correctly
Ford Electric Truck: Technology
Also noteworthy with the Ford F-150 electric truck is the range of futuristic technologies installed. Take advantage of the following:
- BlueCruise, which allows for hands-free driving on prequalified sections of divided highways called Hands-free Blue Zones
- Phone As A Key, which allows you to enter and start your car without taking your phone or key fob out of your pocket
- Ford Intelligent Backup Power, which provides full-home power for up to three days on a fully charged battery, or as long as 10 days if rationing power.
- Ford SYNC® 4A with a 15.5-inch portrait touch screen, enhanced voice recognition, cloud-based connectivity, connected navigation, and more
Reserve Your 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning with Northside Ford
Get in touch with Northside Ford to learn how you can reserve the 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning to drive in the Boerne area. In the meantime, explore the 2021 Ford F-150 lineup available at our dealership today, which includes the F-150 Hybrid.
More from Northside Ford
More Blogs Uncover the Services We Provide at Northside Ford Schedule Service Ford Service Center Take the Best Care of Your Vehicle with Certified Ford Service At Northside Ford, we understand the importance of vehicle maintenance, which is why we’ve gone above and beyond to provide you with a state-of-the-art service facility to handle all…
More Blogs 2024 F-150 Capability: Covering Rugged Action in San Antonio Learn More Ford F-150 Inventory Ford F-150 Inventory A piece of American heritage is reborn for the model year—and yes, the 2024 Ford F-150 returns better than ever with a stronger base engine and more ways to dominate your tasks around San Antonio, TX….
More Blogs What Parts and Services Can You Find in San Antonio? Learn More Ford service center Get Your Ford in Top Shape: Start in San Antonio Exhilaration runs strong when you cruise with a Ford vehicle—help keep the driving experience peaked by staying on top of Ford service. But where do you go to…